Wednesday, October 19, 2011

//J & S








Well, our weekend was quite wonderful in the sense, that a lovely couple by the names of, Jon and Steph, celebrated their recent engagement by throwing a bbq! There was terrific food, lovely company and some really fun mingling! All the foodies and goodies that you see here, was prepared by Jon's mum. I'm not ashamed to say, I had my fair share of cookies, meringues and cupcakes!

Jon and Steph are such a beautiful, wonderful, inspiring (and good looking!) couple who make people feel so comfortable, welcomed and loved. 


 


Yes, they are the good looking ones on the left! Hopefully from  the pictures you can tell we were having a good time! Jon and Steph are simply adorable and did such a great job at organising such a great gathering. I think the best part for me, was seeing the integration or the coming together of two separate families in the happiness and joys of the engagement!
    



Ah, I love weddings and engagements so much. Lately I've been confessing to many of my friends my, as perceived by Vess, Wedding addiction, (she initially used the word fetish, but due to my dislike of Freud, I refrain from doing so!). I simply just LOVE weddings!! so, so, so , so , so much! 

There's so much joy, happiness and excitement at weddings but yet underlying it all, is a profound realization that these two people have (or are going to), infront of witnesses, family and friends, commit themselves solely and wholly to one another, 'till death to they part'. It strikes me as such a commitment of faith, hope and love. 

Faith in one another, hope for the future and love which binds them together.

Haha, I think I'm getting too deep here for my happy post, but before you go, here's one last pic of the lovely couple!


Marriage is the golden ring in a chain whose
beginning is a glance and whose ending is Eternity.
~ Kahlil Gibran ~

-keep smiling-

v&v



No comments:

Post a Comment