Friday, March 9, 2012

//ORANGES and LEMONS


"Oranges and lemons,
Say the bells of St. Clement's.

You owe me five farthings,
Say the bells of St. Martin's."

Hello lovely friends! As Vess indcated, I do have ALOT of keep stylish and fashion posts to show you! Mainly because our lovely mum has reignited her love for sewing and fashion! This dress featured is the star of this post, as this was designed, hand sewed, pieced together by our lovely, talented and amazing mother! 

Honestly, I tell my friends, that it's because of our mum that we put so much effort into our fashion sense/ style. She still sometimes double checks our outfits before we go out, to ensure we're presentable (as in no colour clashes if the right accessories are being used etc.!). At first it was a hassle, (why can't I wear trackies if I want to?) but it's been a mighty fine blessing when you get older, to have someone double check your look, to add a piece here and there. With Vess and mum around, it's like having two of my own personal stylists at home!



A little bit of details about the dress, mum and Vess bought the fabric at spotlight, from the vintage pattern section. It's really lovely and has such a beautiful colour brightness about it, which sparks up the room! The dress pattern, I personally reckon is a pretty popular one at the moment, an empire cut, high waist line with a bit of swing to the skirt. 

But my favourite part of the dress would have to be....the pockets.



Mum says, if she put pockets in, I would wear ANYTHING..



So true.



What have you guys been doing to keep creative? 

-keep stylish-

v&v

No comments:

Post a Comment